Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blue or Pink?

With the help of Aunt Jamie, I recently realized that we never formally announced Biscuit's gender.  With all the gifts you've seen, I'm guessing many have figured it out, but thought I would share how we found out anyway.

As part of a research study, we had an 18 week ultrasound (on Valentine's Day...awww)--two weeks earlier than most people have their clinical ultrasound.  This was so great for those us (mom and I in particular), who couldn't bear waiting any longer to know if we were having a boy or girl.  I can honestly say that I didn't care if Biscuit was a boy or girl, I just wanted to know.  I always thought I would care one way or the other, but really did ascribe to the "just hope he or she is healthy." 

We originally wanted to have a "gender reveal party," but due to how much we had going on at the time and how long it would be before we could get a party together, we realized it would require us to wait way too long to learn the gender.  

So, aided by technology, we had a mini-revel "party."  Mile and I went to the ultrasound in the morning and had the technician circle the correct gender on a card we brought which she then sealed in an envelope.  Mile dropped me off at work and I remember him saying something like, "Why in the world did we decide to do this????"  I think he was ready to know too!

I carried that card around all day and, by some miracle, managed not to tear it open.  When we got home, after a few struggles, we managed to set-up Skype on 2 computers and face-time on two phones.  With mom, dad, Mile's mom, Michelle (my sister), and Dragana and Ian (Mile's sister and brother-in-law) at the virtual party, Mile did the honors and opened the card to reveal....



We did have a little mishap....rather than saying "It's a boy!" Mile tried to show everyone the card, but the lighter color of the "boy" didn't show up very well on the computer and I think all people could see was "girl."  Oops!  Luckily, we got it straightened out pretty quick!

Anyway, that's how we found out!

Love,

Jen 

      


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous29.5.13

    Congrates That's awesome! Even how you let family now. Just 2 months away I'm jumping for joy for you too.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete